Bengaluru is known as the “Silicon Valley of India” because of its role as the nation’s leading information technology (IT) exporter. Indian technological organizations ISRO, Infosys and Wipro are headquartered in the city. A demographically diverse city, Bengaluru is the second-fastest growing major metropolis in India. It is home to many educational and research institutions in India, such as Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Institute of Management (Bangalore) (IIMB), National Institute of Design, Bangalore (NID R&D Campus), National Law School of India University (NLSIU) and National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS). Numerous state-owned aerospace and defense organizations, such as Bharat Electronics, Hindustan Aeronautics and National Aerospace Laboratories are located. The city also houses the Kannada film industry. As a growing metropolitan city in a developing country, Bengaluru confronts substantial pollution and other logistical and socio-economic problems. With a gross domestic product (GDP) of $83 billion, Bengaluru is the fourth highest city in India by overall GDP contribution.
Bengaluru is known as the “Garden City of India” because of its gentle climate, broad streets, greenery and the presence of many public parks, such as Lal Bagh and Cubbon Park. Bangalore is sometimes called as the “Pub Capital of India” and the “Rock/Metal Capital of India” because of its underground music scene and it is one of the premier places to hold international rock concerts.
Cubbon Park is a landmark ‘lung’ area of the Bangalore city, located within the heart of city in the Central Administrative Area. This public park was first named as “Meade’s Park” after Sir John Meade, the acting Commissioner of Mysore in 1870 and subsequently renamed as Cubbon Park after the longest serving commissioner of the time, Sir Mark Cubbon. To commemorate the Silver Jubilee of Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar’s rule in Mysore State, in the year 1927, the park was again renamed as “Sri. Chamarajendra Park”, in memory of the 19th Century ruler of the state Sri Chamarajendra Wodeyar (1868 – 94) during whose rule the park came into existence. The Park is accessible from M.G. Road, Kasturba road, Hudson Circle and Ambedkar Veedhi (Road). The motorable roads, which run through the park, are allowed for light motor vehicles only. The formal gardens, from the central hall of the original Attara Kacheri (means 18 government offices) now the Karnataka High Court, extends along the ceal promenade developed symmetrically with avenues, to the Museum building.
Lal Bagh, Bengaluru
Lal Bagh is well connected by Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation buses from Kempegowda Bus Station/Shivaji Nagar. All buses towards Jayanagar/Banashankari areas pass through one of the four gates of Lal Bagh.
The Western Gate
Lal Bagh has four gates. The western gate is situated near Siddapur Circle.One can enter this gate and enjoy the silvan atmosphere of the garden. Outside, touching the compound gate is Krumbigal Road. The other side of the road touches the compound wall of R.V.School. The National College, Rashtraya Vidyalaya, Chikkamavalli and Doddamavalli are nearby. The other side of the road goes to ‘Krishna Rao road’, where you can see The Indian Institute of World Culture, a beautiful library and a fine auditorium, which hosts a programme every week. Farther south, Model House street and the Yediyur Terminus are the main points.
The Eastern Gate
This is a wide road and is an ideal place for parking vehicles. If you happen to come from the Ashoka Pillar side, Jayanagar is close by.
The Southern Gate
Also referred to as the main gate. This gate is near Lalbagh Road and next to MTR.
The Northern Gate
This is a fairly wide and big road. If you go straight, the Glass House is visible. Many important functions, exhibitions, workshops and other programmes in Lal Bagh, are hosted here from time to time. This is the main exit as well.
The visitors taken on ride by this vehicle, Visitors who can not walk, were taken around the Park, by this electrical vehicle.
Bengaluru Palace, a palace located in Bengaluru, India, was built by Rev. Garrett, who was the first Principal of the Central High School in Bangalore, now known as Central College. The construction of the palace was started in 1862 and completed in 1944. In 1884, it was bought by the then Maharaja of Mysore HH Chamarajendra Wadiyar X. Now owned by the Mysore royal family, the palace has recently undergone a renovation. The interior walls of the palace are adorned by old paintings belonging to the mid-19th century, including some Greek and Dutch paintings. Some of the other attractions include a dining table belonging to the Diwan of Mysore, Sir Mirza Ismail. This table contained a mother-of-pearl inlay with Chinese lacquer work.
Wonderla Holidays Limited is a leading amusement park designing and operating company in India headquartered near Bidadi, 28 kilometres (17 mi) from Bangalore. Kochouseph Chittilappilly and his son Arun Chittilappilly promote it. Wonderla’s flagship amusement park located at the same address is the second theme park project from the company and has been operational since October 2005. It is spread over an area of 82 acres (33 ha). The first amusement park, Wonderla Kochi, was set up in 2000. The parks have been set up with a total investment of over Rs. 2.5 billion.
Wonder la is one of the only 2 amusement parks in India to implement OHSAS 18001:2007 safety standards. All attractions and components are maintained according to strict tolerances for performance. Wonder la has 5 water treatment plants to recycle, process and filter all types of water. The park has a water quality control laboratory to monitor quality levels of water used for different purposes.